[K12OSN] Permission Denied

I have been able to fix the login for 'root', but I am
still having problems with all other individuals.

This is the error that I get:

Could not chdir to home directory /home/jwaters:
Permission denied
-bash: /home/jwaters/./bash_profiles: Permission
denied

I have been reading and I think it has something to do
with a lib file, ld-2.3.2.so, so I took a look at it
and it read 755.  But it still doesn't work, so I
tried changing its mod to 777 and then back to 755,
still nothing.

Any suggestions?

Jennifer