Re: [K12OSN] Different network configuration?

On Wed, 2003-10-15 at 16:27, joseph bishay utoronto ca wrote:

> 2) No networkcards are found. I've looked in proc/pci and it lists them
> correctly.  When I plug them into the switch, I only get an LED showing
> the connection is there and running at 100 MB for the realtek. I get
> nothing for the onboard NIC. Same with the LEDs on the computer - ok for
> PCI, nothing for onboard.

Just guessing, but poke around in the bios setup to see if it
had a setting for 'PNP OS' and set it to 'no' if there is.  Also
make sure the motherboard NIC is enabled.

Then boot into Linux and see if 'dmesg' shows the cards being
detected and assigned to eth devices.

---
   Les Mikesell
    les futuresource com