[K12OSN] shockwave

On Fri, 2003-10-17 at 02:06, k12osn-request redhat com wrote:

> Message: 2
> From: Mike Rambo <mrambo lsd k12 mi us>
> To: K12 List <k12osn redhat com>
> Date: 16 Oct 2003 15:34:01 -0400
> Subject: [K12OSN] [Fwd: [expert] Shockwave Player for Linux Campaign]
>
> I seldom forward stuff but I thought this might be worth the risk.
> If you're interested in shockwave for linux you might want to
> follow the links and add your request to others.
>

> > Got this from another list:
> > -----------------------
> > One of my dwindling requirements for Windows is that our family likes
> > Shockwave games on a few sites and Crossover's plug-in costs money.
> > (Boo!)  I saw a story about this on Newsforge and thought that we all
> > can do something about this.
> >
> > Here's the link:
> > http://lists.suse.com/archive/suse-kde/2003-Feb/0007.html
>

> --
> Mike Rambo
> mrambo lsd k12 mi us

I hope this takes hold. I'll also pass this on to the LUG.

I have been testing crossover plugin and find with the additional
overhead of wine the crossover solution uses too many cpu cycles for
this to be of much use on our terminal server.

Works pretty good with 6 or less students concurrently using crossover
/with shockwave.

Server -

Dual - P4 1.5 Ghz
3 GB Ram