[K12OSN] Netware and system-auth

Ok, here is my problem, i am trying to get ncpfs package to authenticate to a Netware server on a IP only network.

First question: As i can see /etc/pam.d/gdm and kde both pass authentication over to file system-auth, is this correct?

Second question: The comments at the top of system-auth file states that "user changes will be destroyed the next time authconfig is run". When does authconfig run? I dont want to hack this and then get it blown away.