Re: [K12OSN] using ldap for authorization & authentication

k12osn redhat com writes:

>> I have a question for those of you using an ldap directory server for
>> your user authentication & authorization: What process do you use when
>> setting up new users?  Specifically, now that the user's credentials are
>>  stored on a different host, is it a two step process in which you
>> create  the ID in the ldap directory, and then go to the machine in
>> question and  manually create the user's respective home directory under
>> /home?

I use smbldap-tools  (www.idealx.org) and a user script created by Barry
Smoke (on this list)....I'll try to locate it later this weekend.  Off to
Ellsworth tomorrow with Eric and Jim to a fun Linux fest.  Today went
great...we had a blast!  (or at least I did)

David N. Trask
Technology Teacher/Coordinator
Vassalboro Community School
dtrask vcs u52 k12 me us