Re: [K12OSN] Letter to local schools - draft

On Sat, 2003-10-18 at 14:06, Caleb Wagnon wrote:
Bill Kendrick said:
> On Fri, Oct 17, 2003 at 08:05:01PM -0400, Terrell Prude', Jr. wrote:
>> Your heart is definitely in the right place.

I'd like to encourage and commend Bill on this anyway. I see both points
completely. Perhaps it won't shatter the Earth but we can at least put an
effort out there so people will know we're here. We certainly shouldn't sit
down and shutup ;-)

As I..  but the Trick is to have them still reading after your first sentence.

People need a hand with things, and some free software wouldn't go amiss, so how about handing some win32 OSS CDs around ?  They will love you for it, and /then/ you can then put some long-winded blurb on the CD about the /right/ way to do things.  No one likes a long-winded lecture about others' beliefs.

Get a demo CD to the Schools' SysAdmin for Virus Scanning, etc,  BEFORE you hand it out en-mass, or you will cause a huge ruckus.

all success,
Steve