Re: [K12OSN] 2nd Draft - letter to schools

On Sat, 2003-10-18 at 18:07, Bill Kendrick wrote:

> School administrators and faculty, as well as government officials,
> have the opportunity -- and fiduciary responsibility -- to consider Open
> Source software in place of more expensive, less reliable, and more
> restrictive products.

This is still open to uncertain mis-interpretation.  I suggest avoiding
the topic entirely.

> What is known as the 'Open Source' software movement began over 20
> years ago as a formalization of the tradition of sharing information
> that computer programmers had been doing since the 1960s.  Software
> that is released under an Open Source license is available freely to
> everyone.  The human readable source code behind the program is
> available, permitting any interested user to fix bugs, add features,
> and even create completely new software based upon the existing code.

yes, all good, but IMO, too much "talk-one-the-cereal-box" - your reader
may not actually get to the read the next bit, which they MUST read, or
your point is moot.

The remainder is bloody good.  I really enjoyed reading it.

Make this the start point of your Document.  Find somewhere else to make
your other points.  Best Regards, Steve.