Re: [K12OSN] MRTG and K12LTSP

On Sat, 2003-10-18 at 21:25, Chris Thomas wrote:

> I was wondering what is the best way to see how much
> data the server was pushing. I ran across MRTG
> (www.mrtg.org). Has anyone used this software? And if
> so, what are your impressions (does another tool work
> better)?

Mrtg was the original but there are several front-ends
that make it easier to configure.
Cacti - http://www.raxnet.net/products/cacti/ is probably
the easiest for a small number of machines or routers.
If you want to monitor everything in sight, it looks like
the 'just for fun' network monitor may be good for the
job: http://jffnms.sourceforge.net/index.php.

For a real-time peek without saving history you can run
gkrellm or the kde system guard, adding sensors for whatever
you want to watch.

---
   Les Mikesell
    les futuresource com