[K12OSN] talk server not working properly

When ever i try to use talk i get the following error....

Error on read from talk daemon: Connection refused. Press any key.

I hit a key and it goes away and I am back at the command prompt.

Now, I have talk and ntalk running as services.
I have set both of their config files to  disable=no
both etc/hosts.allow and hosts.deny are blank

Please. Someone help me. I have looked through every post i can on google
and redat and found many people had the prob, but noone ever gave a
straight answer.

Thanks