Re: [K12OSN] talk server not working properly

On Mon, 2003-10-20 at 19:34, nestlerv cnosupport dyndns org wrote:
When ever i try to use talk i get the following error....

Error on read from talk daemon: Connection refused. Press any key.

I hit a key and it goes away and I am back at the command prompt.

Now, I have talk and ntalk running as services.
I have set both of their config files to  disable=no
both etc/hosts.allow and hosts.deny are blank

8-/  I got this working, but that was a year ago.  dunno how I'm sorry.

I remember I had everything ready, but no go, and then it just worked for no reason????

There are modern equivalents of talk that may serve you better.

cheers,
Steve