Re: [K12OSN] Finally - some success!

Hello Joseph,

Since you have the same NIC in all boxes, you're pretty much there.  I'm going to go out on a limb and assume that your video boards are all PCI-based.  If that's true, then you needn't worry about having to specify type of video board.  I believe what you can do is put, in the "default" section, the following line:

X_MODE_0           = 640x480

Note that it would probably be a good idea, at that low resolution, to tweak your GNOME/KDE/Xfce/whatever desktop.  I ran KDE on an old PMac 5260 thin client at that resolution (640x480x256), and once I told KDE to use the small icons, it looked pretty close to normal.  :-)

That said, it might be a good idea to invest in some cheapie 17" monitors.  They can be had for less than $50 now, used.

--TP