Re: [K12OSN] K12LTSP Support

On Sun, 19 Oct 2003, Bob Karschnia wrote:

> I think the only argument for not using K12LTSP at my children's school will
> be lack of support.  It is a small school and the technology guy at the
> school handles the computer system part time.  He does a good job but he only
> has limited time and has never used Linux.  I think it would be too big of a
> task for him alone.
>
> We can easily hire a Windows Certified technician to help support the school
> but do they exist for Linux (maybe a new business model?)?  Is there any
> support for this LTSP outside of this environment?

there are many Red Hat certified techs and support folks, same model as M$
just not quite as many of them.  I am sure the folks at Red Hat could give
you a list of them in your area

Bob

safety deserve Neither liberty nor safety",    Benjamin Franklin
    NO HTML/PDF/RTF in e-mail                   accessys smartnospam net