Re: [K12OSN] random log outs

Op di 21-10-2003, om 18:48 schreef David Trask:
k12osn redhat com writes:
>I recently ecountered terminals (k12 3.1.1) that will log out users for no
>apparent reason. Any ideas? Thanks,

Funny...that happened to me too this a.m.  Only three terminals...and
hasn't happened since....anyone got any ideas?
Yep, confirmed. I have the same problem, and swap is on for the clients. I had this before with 2.1? when there was a font issue with OpenOffice (the cure was to run the fontserver for the clients and live with the extra load), but that doesn't seem to be the case here (font server is running).

Maybe it goes with another problem; random login problems. GDM has random problems to display on the Clients. I have to reset the clients sometimes up till 5 times before gdm kicks in. This happens randomly on random clients. uncommenting debuuging only shows that gdm sometimes simply won't display the login dialog, it respawns 4,5 or 6  times...still searching :(

Immanuel

David N. Trask
Technology Teacher/Coordinator
Vassalboro Community School