Re: [K12OSN] K12LTSP Support

Bob-
As I recall, you're in the Minneapolis area. Assuming this is correct, I know a fellow in the area who might be interested in providing support for your school's LTSP installation on a 'as needed/time & materials' basis. I don't know if he's RH certified or anything, but he's well qualified: he's been doing unix since before Linus was born, and was the one who showed me, some years back, how one could run an app on one linux box and display it on another, which ultimately lead me to LTSP. He's also well qualified in the Windows area. He's self-employed and this is exactly the kind of work he does with small businesses in the area. Let me know and I can put you in contact with him.

Petre

Bob Karschnia wrote:
Yes I have used the IRC chat and I've found it useful.

My concern is that the person at this small school will have a difficult time because the entire sysadmin support service for MS is contracted out. The staff does almost no work on the system.

I was hoping to find an equivalent source for LTSP or as others have pointed out, just plan Redhat (or UNIX) people.

Thanks for the comment on IRC ... I had forgotten about it. I may need the help personally as I do an initial test of the system with 30 PCs for 1 day.