Re: [K12OSN] /var is full!

Steve Wright wrote:
On Thu, 2003-10-23 at 10:31, Richard K. Ingalls wrote:

/my /var is getting full. when i tried to do an up2date i was told that i didn't have any free space in this partition. so i moved several files to a different partition and then i had room to do my up2date.

can i increase the size of the partition /var ?
OR am i doomed to delete / move files before doing up2date from now on?/

you cannot safely increase the size. You could add an extra HDD to the machine and mount it inside var somewhere.

/steve

ok how do i do that? (not the installation of the hard drive, but the mounting part).

thanks

-- =========================================================== Richard K. Ingalls, Technology Coordinator

old: awm002 mail connect more net
new: ringalls glenwood k12 mo us

"A day without sunshine is like ... night."