[K12OSN] K12LTSP v4.0 beta 5

On Mon, 13 Oct 2003, Eric Harrison wrote:

>Fedora Core beta #3 was just released today. I have not had the time
>to even look at it.
>
>I do have a test build of K12LTSP 4.0 based on the Rawhide packages
>available as of last night. This should be pretty close to what is
>in Fedora Core beta #3.
>
>I'm off to go hang out with the guys in Maine for a week, so I won't
>have a real Fedora Core beta #3 based build until next week.
>
>In the meantime, here's what is probably a Fedora Core beta 2.99 build
>of K12LTSP v4.0 ;-)

I'm back on the left coast & the jet lag has mostly worn off.

I've uploaded beta #5, which is pretty much beta #4 + the Fedora
Core test #3 installer and all of the latest-n-greatest rawhide
packages. A few minor bug fixes were thrown in for good measure,
such as adding LTSP & Education icons to the installer choices ;-)

  ftp://k12linux.mesd.k12.or.us/pub/K12LTSP/testing/iso/4.0beta/

  rsync -Pav k12linux.mesd.k12.or.us::K12LTSP-beta/4.0beta/ .

>All of the known K12LTSP-specific problems are still there in all
>their glory. Don't use this in a production environment, etc, etc.

Almost all of the known K12LTSP-specific problems are still there in
all their glory. Don't use this in a production environment, etc, etc.

>I'll be doing a lot of hacking on K12LTSP during the week, so
>hopefully the next build will be fully usable.

Jim and I did quite a bit of LTSP hacking, but the details of the
fancy new features are still being ironed out. Stay tuned ;-)

I'll try to get the majority of known bugs squashed by the end
of the weekend...

-Eric