[K12OSN] Re: Total loss! Why the gray screen again?

Hello,

> Message: 4
> Subject: Re: [K12OSN] Total loss! Why the gray screen again?
> From: Paul Nelson <pnelson riverdale k12 or us>
> To: k12osn <k12osn redhat com>
> Date: 22 Oct 2003 17:48:49 -0700
>
> The gray screen is almost always a DNS issue where the ip #'s have
> been changed from the defaults.
>
> The default is to have eth0 be at 192.168.0.254 with eth1 being the
> gateway card to the rest of your network.
>
> >From what you've written below, those are reversed.
>
> ;-) Paul

I understand. Assigning eth0 as the Internet connection and eth1 as
the LTSP connection was due to the way that the OS recognized the
cards (Eth0 autoconfigured, and I needed to get online to download
the code for eth1 to work.)  For me to switch them, do I just reverse
their alias settings?

I'm also not sure why that would matter at all, since if the IPs are
correct, how does it matter?

Thanks,
Joseph