Re: [K12OSN] K12LTSP new motherboard

On 24 Oct 2003, Steve Wright wrote:

> On Fri, 2003-10-24 at 07:56, Access Systems wrote:
> > >
> > > muahahaha!!  console yourself with - if it was a ms win install, they
> > > would simply announce it 'unfixable', and shoot it..
> >
> > three problems. maybe linked
> >
> > .  one user and only one user has a locked keyboard.???
> > .  modem is always reported busy??
> > .  boot report of bad superblock, too many filesystems etc....???
>

> backup the relevant bits, trash it, and start again.

the problem is the user with the locked keyboard has several slide shows
on the disk including one with more than 100 photos scannned into it....

now if the keyboard would work it could be burned to disk...??

> It's not really worth farting around with something that broken, when in
> less than half the time you could have the latest and greatest clean
> install.

you are probably right and I have tried an update but since nothing is
changed the update doesn't do anything..and I am really trying to avoid
having to spend two weeks rescanning the slides.

wonder if changing the group setting and allowing someone else access to
that directory would allow the other user to do the backup.?? probably the
next thing I try...

Bob

safety deserve Neither liberty nor safety",    Benjamin Franklin
    NO HTML/PDF/RTF in e-mail                   accessys smartnospam net