Re: [K12OSN] Serial ATA

On Fri, 24 Oct 2003, peter deakin wrote:

> I appreciate that on several occasions questions have been raised about the
> necessity of SCSI drives on LTSP severs. With the mixed reports of the
> capabilities of serial ATA I would be interested to know if anyone on the list
> has any experience of these drive and if could they be used in place of SCSI drives?

just for kicks, i tried a setup of 2 sata drives against a setup of 2 scsi
drives, same rotational speed, same manufacurer, form the looks of it,
same drives with different electronics. sata is better than ata, but it
just doesn't come close to scsi in a busy io environment. the wiring looks
good and thin, though. julius