Re: [K12OSN] Dying mice and enthusiasm

On Fri, 24 Oct 2003, Alan A Hodson wrote:

> Thanks for any help/support you are able to provide - This request is
> made two days after the Associate Superintendent for Technology in
> our district put out a memo stopping ALL further deployment of ANY
> Linux OR Open Source solutions... I am waking around in a daze... is
> Microsoft making some new offers that our taxpayers should know
> about, or is it perhaps a Texas political agenda item?

well look at the small bright ray of sunlight, at least you are already
deployed and he hasn't (yet) ordered you to shut down.  let all sorts of
other folk see how great your system is and how little it costs etc etc
and maybe there will be a groundswell.  especially if the PTA or parents
"accidently" find out about all the money you have left over for other
things

> May God have mercy on us!

in Texas???  you need all the help you can get

> TIS/ El Paso ISD

well at least you are in El Paso, that is so far from Austin they might
not know you exist...or you could claim to be an extension of the Juarez
school district?!

Bob

safety deserve Neither liberty nor safety",    Benjamin Franklin
    NO HTML/PDF/RTF in e-mail                   accessys smartnospam net