Re: [K12OSN] Dying mice and enthusiasm

FWIW, I noticed that when I went from a k12ltsp 2.1.2 server to a 3.1.1 server (that is, I built a new server) that some two-button Microsoft PS/2 mice used with some workstations stopped working, as in the mouse wouldn't work at all when the client booted up but X would start and I would get the graphical login. I attribute the change to XFree86 4.x used in the new version, whereas in 2.1.2 I was primarily using XFree86 3.3. I got around it easily enough by just using, say, a wheel mouse, but it was annoying at the time. I haven't had time to test various configs on different workstations to more precisely figure out what the problem was, but when I do I'll post a follow-up.

Petre