[K12OSN] Etherboot NIC Detection thoughts

Hey all,
    I've been watching the listserv for a while, and finally decided to ask a question
    I'm a highschool student working on a "mobile linux lab". The school district has been a big M$ fan for a long time, and together with a teacher and another student, we're working on churning out an easy to set up LTSP server that we can set up on a cart and roll to wherever it needs to go, whether to have an introduction to linux, or more specific linux instructional classes. But so far, we've hit a few snags.
    Right now, our main focus is how to get a teacher or a student to easily find what etherboot driver a network card in a computer uses, and to easily dd or cat it over onto a disk. I saw a post on the k12os main page about the NIC Detection Disk, and checked it out. It worked really well, and that gave me an idea. What we'd try to do is put in the NIC detection disk, with a script to cat the driver found onto the original boot disk, then do a reboot, so it boots right to the server. I've got a (crappy) script written, I just don't know how to get it onto the detection disk. I emailed the maker of the boot disk for thoughts, and I was wondering if anyone here had any ideas. any help would be great.

Thanks in advanced,
                              Matt Reiter