[K12OSN] Best Backup Solution for my situation...

OK, thanks to the k12ltsp.org website and this mailing list I've put in two k12ltsp labs in my school, as well as a linux web/email server, squid/dansguardian proxy filter, firewalls, fileserver and a few standalone desktops.  THANKS EVERYONE!  Until the last two years, I knew nothing other than Windows...

I still feel very "weak" when it comes to my command line experience and real linux system administration skills.  So, I need help.

How can I do backups?  I don't have a tape system.  BUT, I do have several 6Gb hard drives just sitting around.  I also have many old PCs (AMD 150Mhz or 300 Mhz).  Can I do backups over the network?  How do I schedule the cron jobs to do this?  OR, should I just install the extra hard drives in my existing linux boxes and do backups that way?  (NO RAID on any of them).

What is the best practice for this situation?

Thanks everyone!

Richard K. Ingalls,
Technology Coordinator

email: ringalls glenwood k12 mo us