[K12OSN] RE: [K12OSN] icewm and 8 bit color.

Where in Scandinavia are you?

Sarah
-----Original Message-----
From: Trond Mæhlum [mailto:trondrm c2i net]
Sent: Monday, October 27, 2003 1:15 PM
To: k12osn redhat com
Subject: [K12OSN] icewm and 8 bit color.

I have a few old terminals set up for 8 bit color, because that is all they can manage. Any higher and I get streaks and interference on the screen. Both Gnome and KDE look acceptable in this mode.

I have tried out icewm today, and I liked it. However, icewm was *completely* unusable on the 8 bit terminals. The login screen looked ok, but icewm, once started was a mess...

Can this be fixed in any way? Is there a setting in icewm for this, since Gnome and KDE both look ok?

I'm using the xp theme in icewm, but every other theme acted the same.

--
Trond Mæhlum <trondrm c2i net>