Re: [K12OSN] Deleted Icons on Taskbar

On Mon, 27 Oct 2003, Ken Johnson wrote:

>A few of my students have deleted  the Redhat icon on the taskbar.
>
>How do I restore it and how can I prevent this from happening again?
>
>Someone once said " a problem is just an opportunity in work clothes."
>
>Please point me to a solution.
>
>Thanks
>
>Ken Johnson

The easy way is to just right-click on the menu, select "Add to panel" ->
"Main menu".

Another, more drastic, method is to use the "Reset your desktop" session.
When the user is at the login screen, have them click on "Sessions" and
then "Reset your desktop". This will wipe out all of their "customized"
settings and restore the defaults. Probably more than they would want to
do just to get the menu button back, but of great use when they really
make a mess of their desktop.

-Eric