Re: [K12OSN] Win boxen on ltsp network cannot get out to the net

On Tue, 28 Oct 2003, JL Boers wrote:
> I'm a little stumped here. I have a working k12 ltsp 4 server and a 5
> terminals. All are working well. I have a need for 2 dedicated windows
> XP machines that i want on the same network. These two machines however
> cannot get out to the internet when hooked into the switch hanging off
> the ltsp server. When placed on the switch between my firewall and the
> ltsp server all is well with the XP machines.
>
> I have confirmed they are getting a good IP info from the ltsp server.
> I have checked the firewall settings on the ltsp server and restarted
> iptables. It is setup to allow http,ftp,smtp and ssh off of the eth0
> card (the 192.x.x.x network)
>
> What i get appears to be dns issues. ie. unable to resolve so-and-so.com
>
> Is there some other setting i should be looking at to enable these non
> terminals to live on the same network as my diskless clients?
>
> It has to be something simple staring me in the face. I just cant see it
> :)
>
> Any help is appreciated.
> JL Boers
JL,
	try to stop iptables: "iptables -F"; "service iptables stop". this
should allow your boxes on eth0 to connect to the outside world. what you
want to see when you do "iptables -L" is something like:
Chain INPUT (policy ACCEPT)

Chain FORWARD (policy ACCEPT)

Chain OUTPUT (policy ACCEPT)
target     prot opt source

the "FORWARD" part is really iportant ;-)

after you get it all to work, fix the iptables rules to your taste. julius