Re: [K12OSN] Etherboot NIC Detection thoughts

I've thought about that, too. The logical extension of such an effort would be a Knoppix LTSP server CD and a Knoppix LTSP client CD, to be used for demo purposes. Then you could walk into any place, put the server CD in the 'biggest' box, put the client CD(s) and blank floppy into the various clients, and show it off. It could be a good way to say to the customer "You don't need to buy all new machines, just one, and perhaps not even that". Wish I had the time to work on such a setup.

In the Knoppix menus there is a "Terminal Server' app, but when I tried it briefly, it seemed that what it really did was allow a client to boot the Knoppix system from across the wire rather than the local CD, but once it was all booted, all the apps ran on the client, not the boot server.

Petre