Re: [K12OSN] A bit OT : A real linux crash please help...

On Tuesday 28 October 2003 03:08 pm, Steve Wright wrote:
> is amiss.  You have either been hacked, or your hardware has gone
> shonky.

Just loved the word "shonky" so much I had to comment. :)

Seriously though, I tried to reply to this earlier, but apparently something
was amiss with my subscription, and nothing was getting through.  I unsubbed,
and resubbed, so now you have to listen to my ramblings again....  ;o)

Could it be your RAM?  I wonder if maybe it reaches the "bad" spot after
running for a few days.  ie, maybe it doesnt' touch the upper limit of your
chips until a few days of work.  Perhaps find a way (don't know any offhand)
to run programs that will fill the RAM.  If it locks up quicker than 4 days,
perhaps you've found the culprit.

-Shawn

--
Shawn Powers