[K12OSN] k12 customization

i have customised the k12 installation a little bit with my own ks.cfg, and i removed the 'root-desktop-urls' package - and i have run into a bit of a problem.

in my kickstart file i have set the network as such:
network --device eth0 --bootproto static --ip 192.168.0.254 --netmask 255.255.255.0 --hostname ado
network --device eth1 --bootproto dhcp --hostname ado
firewall --medium --dhcp --port=http:tcp --port=ssh:tcp --trust=eth0

i think (IIRC) that all services needed by the terminal clients are 'on' by default with a regular install of k12 (ie. dhcpd, tftpd, nfs, ...)?

my custom network config above works after my custom installation but none of the services are running by default.
Could someone (im guessing eric ;)) please tell me which package (or other way) is used to turn on the required services? or suggest how i might have overrid (over-rided?) some k12 default setting?

thanks