Re: [K12OSN] How to proceed from here?

On Tue, 2003-10-28 at 13:23, Joseph Bishay wrote:
> Greetings,
>
> So I'm stuck now.  Sometimes I can turn on the workstation, and have it connect
> to the server, display the login screen, and log in and out fine, with all
> applications working.
>
> Other times, without changing any settings, functions, etc. I turn on and can
> get the workstations to connect to the server, and load up the gray screen with
> a working mouse, and if I specify multiple resolutions in the ltp.config file,
> I can cycle through them using the keyboard.  But that's it. It's stuck there.

Are you turning the workstation off and then turning it right back on?

GDM can lock-out a workstation if it is turned off/on rapidly. You can try
switching over to using KDM and see if that makes your users happy. Edit
/etc/sysconfig/desktop and add the line:

	DISPLAYMANAGER="KDE"

When you reboot, it will use KDM instead of GDM.

(and note that the DISPLAYMANAGER line says "KDE" rather than "KDM", that is
 not a typo)

-Eric