Re: [K12OSN] Num Lock

On Wed, 2003-10-29 at 05:33, Michael Wescott wrote:
> > INITTY=/dev/tty[1-8]
> > for tty in $INITTY; do
> >   setleds -D +num < /dev/$tty
> > done
>
> That works, but only for console mode and not X.
>
> KDE has a configuration menu item (under preferences ->
> peripherals -> keyboard) to set startup behavior. Setting
> it translates to changing a file in the user's home directory:
> .kde/share/config/kcminputrc.
>
> For a more global solution, there is a utility program called
> numlockx that can be installed and run in the appropriate X11
> startup script.

Thanks guys, that's good to know.  On two machines I regularly use the
motherboards are completely different, so they have different bios as
well.  Regardless of how I set the bios on either - or even use the
window manager settings - I NEVER see numlock come up after booting.
Until your advice I have always ended my PC booting with a deft stab of
the right index finger to "numlock".  I'll give your ideas a go.

Regards, Gavin.