[K12OSN] character coding in icewm/nautilus

I have K12LTSP 3.1.1 installed at home. I am trying to use icewm, but something strange happens. When I use icewm I get trouble with some international characters... æøå used in Norway. I have set my /etc/sysconfig/i18n to ISO-8859-1 since UTF-8 also causes problems. When I use KDE ot Gnome everything is fine, but not in icewm.

When I open a terminal and check Terminal->Character Coding it is set to ANSI_X3.4-1968 for some reason... If I manually set it to UTF-8 It works in that terminal, but not for any other programs.

What is this, and how can it be fixed? Doesn't icewm use the i18n variables?

At my school I have set up K12LTSP 3.0 and I upgraded to the newest icewm through apt-get. These problems do not occur there. Is this related to Redhat 9 since Redhat 8 was used in 3.0?

Trond Mæhlum

P.S. in Evolution I get Norwegian menus and buttons but in icewm I do not. Is this related to the same problem? Not that this matters to me... Just curious.
--
Trond Mæhlum <trondrm c2i net>