Re: [K12OSN] ldap-tween a rock and a hard place

On Wed, 29 Oct 2003, cliebow downeast net wrote:

>David eric-can't seem to get over this hump and don't understand why it works
>sometimes and not others. i can smbldap-useradd til the underworld freezes
>solid..but smbldap-passwd.pl fails with..failed initialize SAM_ACCOUNT for user
>testuser.
>i ave root and cliebow account with SambaNTPassord and SsambaLMPasswords
>correct but can't get Zeus or testuser to show them....
>I see a Samba domain account that appeared from lord knows where.. i didn't put
>it there..I passed it by the #ldaP channel without any good ideas..Any
>ideas?/// Chuck

I don't remember much about the smbldap-useradd scripts off the top of
my head.

Samba 3.0 is smart enough to know how to deal with LDAP itself. Have you
tried plain-old smbpasswd:

	smbpasswd -a testuser

or for a machine account:

	smbpasswd -m -a testmachine