Re: [K12OSN] Help with my sound

Hi, all.  I'm not sure if I have posted this or not, but we use the
attached script to resolve the continuous beeping problem with the VIA
boards.

To use it, unpack the tarball and run "perl via_sound_fix.pl" on the
file inside the directory.

This can only be run after the ltsp sound package is installed and has
only been tested on redhat so far.  (For K12LTSP both these criteria are
met).

We actually use esd as the sound daemon with no probs.  Now, we don't
use all of the VIA mobos, so I can't guarantee success on the newer
models (we use VIA EPIAs), but this fix shouldn't hurt anything if
applied.  (It just adds a line to the "rc.sound" file.)

As usual, use with discretion.  This fix doesn't come with any warranty
or liability on our end.  User beware .... :)

Hope it helps someone.  The VIA mobos are great.

-Gideon