Re: [K12OSN] character coding in icewm/nautilus

This may be obvious, but have you tried setting icewm to not start Nautilus at login (see the wiki for instructions), and then, once logged in, manually calling Nautilus to see what happens? I suspect you'll get the same result, that is, errors. But since Nautilus works under Gnome but not Icewm, you could then try to compare, say, library path environment variables of the two. My guess is that Gnome is loading a library that Nautilus uses that Icewm is not loading, and for whatever reason, Nautilus isn't smart enough to load it on it's own. You might try running ldd on nautilus, while using Icewm, to see if it reports any missing support files.

Petre