[K12OSN] dhcp: k12ltsp 3.1.2

Hello,
I've read some of the earlier messages about dhcp problems on this list and I'm going to try out the dhcp gadget http://dhcpstatus.sourceforge.net/ Steve mentioned a while back but, but I've got what could be a show stopper in for my internal ltsp set-up if I don't find a solution, and fast...

I'm running 3.1.2 in my classroom eth0 is connected to the school network pulling an IP address and getting access to the internet via the schools network. My server is using a switch that is shared by a 30+ node computer lab. In that lab 7 win2k stations lost their IP addresses when they renewed their dhcp lease. The Win2k boxes can't log-on, which requires the Computer Info Serv. guy to come in and manually fix it. You can imagine the time and problems that requires to get fixed... and naturally, they blame my DHCP server, the k12ltsp system I'm running as the culprit.

Could this be possible? Can my DHCP server running in my room be blocking or interfering with the main dhcp server handling the other nodes on the same switch? If yes, how do I fix it because they will shut down my network and the 20 or so new planned client nodes that are waiting the back room.

If my dhcp server is not the problem, then how can I prove that my LTSP DHCP network is not the culprit to the CIS people? (Side political note, any problems on the main network will be blamed on my internal network. And, one of the CIS people told me that linux is a waste of time.)

I need to prove to my Asst Principal, who supports my ltsp project, and to CIS that my dchp server is not the problem or be able to prove to them that I can prevent this problem in the future.

Help and guidance is very much appreciated!
Denny