Re: [K12OSN] dhcp: k12ltsp 3.1.2

Hmmm...by default, your K12LTSP server will hand out DHCP addresses from eth0, but not eth1, I believe.  Not sure about this since I run a single-NIC implementation.  According to the diagram on www.k12ltsp.org, it's supposed to go like this:

|----eth0----K12LTSPBox----eth1---MAINNETWORK

The left side is where the thin clients live, and where they get their DHCP addresses from.  This is the default K12LTSP configuration.  Therefore, if you have eth0 sitting on the MAINNETWORK, then yes, you will be handing out DHCP addresses to the Windows clients.  Reverse your connections, and you should be fine.

The other alternative that I would suggest is to turn off dhcpd altogether in the K12LTSP box, since this is a "hot" political situation, and run the DHCP service off of something else on the "thin client" segment (a router comes to mind).

At least you have someone backing you.  Feel fortunate--I wish I had that.

--TP