Re: [K12OSN] Help with my sound

On Thu, 30 Oct 2003, Eric Harrison wrote:

>On Thu, 2003-10-30 at 09:03, Eric Harrison wrote:
>> On Thu, 2003-10-30 at 06:47, Gideon Romm wrote:
>> > Hi, all.  I'm not sure if I have posted this or not, but we use the
>> > attached script to resolve the continuous beeping problem with the VIA
>> > boards.
>>
>> Looks like a simple enough work-around. I'll try build a sound package
>> with this patch sometime today.
>
>I hacked out a quick package over lunch. This has not been tested, if someone
>is brave enough to try it will you let us know if it works? ;-)

Good news and bad news.

The bad news is that the test package I posted earlier does not work.

The good news is that 1) I'll have it fixed shortly and 2) one of my
VIA terminals decided to make that annoying beeping sound everyone is
complaining about. Why it has worked fine for so long and now suddenly
breaks is a bit of a mystery, but at least it will help me a great deal
with the debuggy process!

-Eric