Re: [K12OSN] Help with my sound

On Thu, 2003-10-30 at 09:03, Eric Harrison wrote:
> On Thu, 2003-10-30 at 06:47, Gideon Romm wrote:
> > Hi, all.  I'm not sure if I have posted this or not, but we use the
> > attached script to resolve the continuous beeping problem with the VIA
> > boards.
>
> Looks like a simple enough work-around. I'll try build a sound package
> with this patch sometime today.

I hacked out a quick package over lunch. This has not been tested, if someone
is brave enough to try it will you let us know if it works? ;-)

ftp://k12linux.mesd.k12.or.us/pub/K12LTSP/testing/RPMS/ltsp_esound-0.4-k12ltsp.2.3.1.i386.rpm

-Eric

Eric,

I know you and Jim are working on something for ltsp-4 wrt sound.
This rpm you hacked up.... does it apply to the k12ltsp4 beta? Or
should I just wait.I am currently happily running k12ltsp4 beta 7
and sound is working for flash/mozilla and xmms.Sound events for
other stuff appears to be nonexistant.
However I still on occasion experience the clicking/popping etc
that others are complaining about. It looks like this thread on
sound is applicable to k12 version 3.x.

Regards!

JL