Re: [K12OSN] Sound on VIA epia C3-533

--- Steve Wright <paua quicksilver net nz> wrote:
> On Wed, 2003-10-29 at 17:49, David D. Nelson wrote:
> > --- Eric Harrison <eharrison mail mesd k12 or us>
> > wrote:
> > >
> > > Make sure you have the SOUND_DAEMON = nasd line
> > > correct
> > > and that you have rebooted the terminal.
> > >

> > I went and looked again and I had a T instead of a
> > in SOUND! Sound now works. I do get some clicking
> > sound when I log in to a freshly booted terminal
> but
> > it goes away when I load a program.
> >
> > Thank you very much for your help.
>

> I still have no joy with my EPIA Terminal..
>
> what BIOS sound settings are you using for the EPIA
> ?
>

> ta,
> /steve

I'm using the default settings. I did put in a section
in my lts.conf for the terminal. The relevant parts
are as follows:

Exerpt from lts.conf
[Default]
        # IP address of the LTSP server
        SERVER             = 192.168.0.254

        # Video drivers for the terminals
        XSERVER            = auto

        # Mice drivers for the terminals
        X_MOUSE_PROTOCOL   = "PS/2"
        X_MOUSE_DEVICE     = "/dev/psaux"
        # X_MOUSE_RESOLUTION = 400
        X_MOUSE_BUTTONS    = 3
        X_USBMOUSE_PROTOCOL= "IMPS/2"
        X_USBMOUSE_DEVICE  = "/dev/input/mice"
        X_USBMOUSE_BUTTONS = 5
        # X_USBMOUSE_RESOLUTION = 400

        # Keyboards
        XkbSymboles        = "us(pc101)"
        XkbModel           = "pc101"
        XkbLayout          = "us"

        USE_XFS            = N
        LOCAL_APPS         = N
        RUNLEVEL           = 5

        # uncomment the following line to enable
floppy support
        #RCFILE_01          = floppyd

        # uncomment the following line to enable USB
support
        #RCFILE_02          = usb

        # enable sound by default
        SOUND              = Y
        SOUND_DAEMON = nasd

        # default sound volume
        VOLUME             = 95

        ### For ISA sound cards, you have to specify
the module to use:
        # SMODULE_01       = sb io=0x220 irq=5 dma=1

# VIA EPIA 5000
[00:40:63:ca:d7:b1]
        SERVER             = 192.168.0.254
        XSERVER            = auto
        X_COLOR_DEPTH   =       16
        X_HORZSYNC      =       31-80
        X_VERTREFRESH   =       60-75
        X_MODE_0           = 1280x1024
        X_MODE_1           = 1024x768
#        X_MOUSE_PROTOCOL   = "PS/2"
        X_MOUSE_PROTOCOL   = "IMPS/2"
        X_MOUSE_DEVICE     = "/dev/psaux"
        X_MOUSE_RESOLUTION = 400
        X_MOUSE_BUTTONS    = 3
        DISABLE_ACCESS_CONTROL = Y
        USE_XFS            = Y
        LOCAL_APPS         = N
        RUNLEVEL           = 5
        X_DEVICE_OPTION_01      = SWCursor

Maybe that will help you out. After I send this
message I'll check the BIOS settings and post if they
are different from default.

=====
David D. Nelson
nelsda yahoo com