Re: [K12OSN] K12LTSP v4.0 beta 9

On Fri, 2003-10-31 at 09:11, Julius Szelagiewicz wrote:

> I have a question from the left field: what do I need to do to the ISOs to
> create a single ISO file to burn a DVD disk that would load in one fell
> swoop? I am putting DVD+R drives in all my servers to do decent mondo
> backups, so it would be nice to use them for upgrades in their "full
> glory" too. tia, julius

If your machines are networked, don't even bother burning copies.
Download the iso images into a directory exported by an nfs server.
Either burn the 1st iso, or do a loop mount of the image and make
a boot floppy from the floppy images.  I prefer the CD because with
floppies you sometimes need a 2nd one to get the drivers for everything
and the CDs are good to have around for a 'linux rescue' boot anyway.
If you use the CD image, at the boot prompt enter 'linux askmethod'.
When you get the choice of methods, pick 'nfs image'.  If you have
dhcp service you can let that supply the network setup, otherwise
you need the tcp info, and you will have to enter the nfs server
and the path to the directory containing the iso images.  After that
it takes care of itself faster than a CD install with no disk swapping.

You can probably use the same approach on a dvd, just putting the
CD iso images in a directory and use the 'hard disk image' install
method, but I haven't tried it.

---
  Les Mikesell
    les futuresource com