Re: [K12OSN] K12LTSP v4.0 beta 9

On Fri, 2003-10-31 at 07:11, Julius Szelagiewicz wrote:
> On Thu, 30 Oct 2003, Eric Harrison wrote:
> > The polishing continues. I've fixed a number of small bugs. In theory,
> > everything[1] should at least sorta work, at least in the common case ;-)
> >
> I have a question from the left field: what do I need to do to the ISOs to
> create a single ISO file to burn a DVD disk that would load in one fell
> swoop? I am putting DVD+R drives in all my servers to do decent mondo
> backups, so it would be nice to use them for upgrades in their "full
> glory" too. tia, julius

This should _probably_ work. The syntax for telling the installer all the packages
are located on the first disc is from memory, I may have that wrong.

# insert disc 1
mount /dev/cdrom /mnt/cdrom
cp -av /mnt/cdrom /tmp/newdvd
umount /mnt/cdrom
# insert disc 2
mount /dev/cdrom /mnt/cdrom
cp -av /mnt/cdrom/RedHat/RPMS/*rpm /tmp/newdvd/RedHat/RPMS/
umount /mnt/cdrom
# repeat the last three steps for discs 3, 4, etc

# edit /tmp/newdvd/.discinfo, it will look something like this:
	1067562416
	K12LTSP 4.0 beta 9
	i386
	1
	RedHat/base
	RedHat/RPMS
	RedHat/pixmaps

   change the "1" line to read "1,2,3,4"
	1067562416
	K12LTSP 4.0 beta 9
	i386
	1,2,3,4
	RedHat/base
	RedHat/RPMS
	RedHat/pixmaps

# now build the ISO image, change "K12LTSP DVD" to be whatever you want
# on the DVD's label
cd /tmp/newdvd/
mkisofs -A "K12LTSP DVD" -V "K12LTSP DVD" -o ../k12ltsp-dvd.iso -b isolinux/isolinux.bin -c isolinux/boot.cat -no-emul-boot -boot-load-size 4 -boot-info-table -r -J -T .

# now burn /tmp/k12ltsp-dvd.iso to a dvd.....

-Eric