Teachers are the same way with no class year.

Jim Hays, Technology Director
Monticello CUSD#25
#2 Sage Drive
Monticello, IL  61856
haysja sages us
Phone - 217-762-8511 ext 208
E-Fax - 1-240-201-6257

-----Original Message-----
From: k12osn-admin redhat com [mailto:k12osn-admin redhat com] On Behalf Of
Jonathan Carter
Sent: Friday, October 31, 2003 11:04 AM
To: K12OSN
Subject: [K12OSN] New School using K12

Hi K12 List!

I've just joined. Monday I'll be starting a new job at a primary school
where we'll be installing a K12 network with 24 thin clients tomorrow.

What I'd like to know is, what's the best way of setting up the users
for the students? Is it best to go by student number, or a mixture of
name and grade? Is it possible to use a username like jonathan-1 and the
next year it changes to jonathan-2? Or should I use a combination of
their name and the year they joined or are supposed to finish school?

Thanks guys, any advice to this school-newbie is highly appreciated!

- Jonathan