Re: [K12OSN] K12LTSP v4.0 beta 9

On Sat, 2003-11-01 at 04:49, Les Mikesell wrote:
> On Fri, 2003-10-31 at 09:11, Julius Szelagiewicz wrote:
>
> > I have a question from the left field: what do I need to do to the ISOs to
> > create a single ISO file to burn a DVD disk that would load in one fell
> > swoop? I am putting DVD+R drives in all my servers to do decent mondo
> > backups, so it would be nice to use them for upgrades in their "full
> > glory" too. tia, julius
>
> If your machines are networked, don't even bother burning copies.
> Download the iso images into a directory exported by an nfs server.

I concur.  I can confirm that the httpd install method totally rocks as
well.. (also more routable than nfs)  much faster than a CD install, an
certainly wayyy more convenient.

Regarding mondo, I would suggest that you not burn, just backup.  mondo
has the option to make bootable CDs that will recover to cold new steel,
so you need only burn if you need to restore to new server hardware.

cheers,
Steve