Re: [K12OSN] K12LTSP 3.1 / DHCP / SAMBA-LDAP question

Yes, I plan on running a K12LTSP network but don't have any terminals up
yet.  But I'd like to plan my infrastructure to be ready for this.  Is it
easy enough to transfer user and group info off the eSmith box to the
Samba/LDAP server if I wanted to start with using the eSmith, eventually
migrating to Samba/LDAP?

The ultimate plan is to have many K12LTSP machines throughout the school (we
have a lot of older machines that are prime candidates), all authenticating
through the Samba/LDAP server, with eSmith firewalling / DHCPing, etc.

To set up a file server on eSmith, do I achieve that through the
"information bays" feature?  And is it really just a matter of turning on
the "roaming profiles" in eSmith?  It sounds too good to be true.

Thanks,

Rafi