RE: [K12OSN] New School using K12

I would stay away from using the year of graduaton anywhere in a username. What about the poor slobs who don't graduate on time?

Better to use a student number.

From: "Jonathan White" <jwhite shaker k12 nh us>
To: <k12osn redhat com>
Subject: RE: [K12OSN] New School using K12
Date: Fri, 31 Oct 2003 13:00:45 -0500

We use the student's intials and their ID number (generated by our school
administrative package, Web2School).

So for user John Smith with ID #00134 the user name would be: js00134

This way we don't have to worry about changing the usernames every year, or
if the student gets held back etc.  The only time that the ID's get changed
is when they move from the middle school to the high school, and then we
usually re-enter all the names anyway.

Jonathan White
Computer Technician
Shaker Regional School District