Re: [K12OSN] New School using K12

Is there an input utility in K12 that would allow admins to take a csv file and import and create a bunch of users at the same time (hoping), if not could that be something included in a near term distro?
thanks
Denny

Jonathan Carter wrote:
Hi K12 List!

I've just joined. Monday I'll be starting a new job at a primary school
where we'll be installing a K12 network with 24 thin clients tomorrow.

What I'd like to know is, what's the best way of setting up the users
for the students? Is it best to go by student number, or a mixture of
name and grade? Is it possible to use a username like jonathan-1 and the
next year it changes to jonathan-2? Or should I use a combination of
their name and the year they joined or are supposed to finish school?

Thanks guys, any advice to this school-newbie is highly appreciated!

- Jonathan