[K12OSN] Software RAID setup

Hello All.  I am attempting to build a new LTSP server with software
RAID.  I was hoping to setup the RAID like the e-smith servers (with
software RAID) I have loaded at times in the past.  On the E-smith
system (packaged Linux), RAID mirroring is setup so that you can remove
ether drive, and the system will still boot.

last night I attempted to do the same while loading my LTSP (V3).  With
two 120GB drives, I created a 100MB boot partition, a 1.6GB swap
partition, and a 11300MB partition.  I set all to primary(?), and set
all (like) partitions to software mirror.  The unit would not boot.

I have spent some time reading the RAID FAQ, but I'm clearly not
wrapping my (small) mind around the correct way to setup this type of
RAID.

Any suggestions, or helpful comments would make my weekend!

Chris Curtis