[K12OSN] LTSP vs PC

Jim Kronebusch jim at winonacotter.org
Thu Apr 1 18:46:45 UTC 2004

-snip-
We should really setup a web site that has links to documents and other
info in defense of OS and LTSP.  Something that tells a level (read
honest, true) reality of them.
-snip-

I second the honest,true, impartial listing of pros/cons.  I would like
to not see a site with all pros or cons on a single sided event.  I do
believe there are benefits to any setup, be it Windows Mac or Linux
based.  I am also not opposed to mixed environments where applicable
(and also complimentary to the pro/con list).  But the truth of the
reality is Linux can save a lot of money for struggling institutions.
These places (along with the not struggling) need a non-biased
comparison of overhead and useability.

But at this point I am probably just blowing smoke, since I am not sure
I have (or will make) the time to create such a list.  But hopefully
someone will, and won't make it a you suck we rule sort of argument.

---