[K12OSN] Followup on 3ware ide raid cards.

Eric Feldhusen efeldhusen at chartermi.net
Fri Apr 2 19:04:13 UTC 2004

Just a fyi,

If anyone is running a 3ware raid card, check out the 3ware
knowledgebase for  Q10036, which is Performance/Optimization: How can
3ware read performance be increased in Linux?

It's worth the read, especially after my file/print/home directory
server took 10 hours last night to rsync 60GB from one partition on a
RAID5 IDE array to another partition on the same array.

I just made the first recommended change for max and min readahead to my
3ware 7500-8 card and saw noticeable results in memory, load, and irq
changes with the webminstats package, already. And the system "feels"
more responsive.

3ware Knowledgebase
http://www.3ware.com/KB/kb.asp

Webmin
http://www.webmin.com/

Webminstats
http://webminstats.sourceforge.net/

--
Eric Feldhusen
Network Administrator for Adams, Chassell,

email: eric at remc1.k12.mi.us